Sunday, March 8, 2009

A PS3 Fanboy's Ideal World of Smart, Informed Consumers


One of the funniest things I read on gaming forums is that "people are stupid!!!" and that "Wii sells because people are stupid enough to fall for its clever marketing!!!"


To better understand what would lead someone to this conclusion, I tried to put myself into a hardcore gamer's mind. I knew it worked when I began to drool and have an interest in anime, so I imagined a world where PS3 was the #1 seller.  Here's how it looked:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey Grandpa, even though you're not as athletic as you used to be, you can still have fun, so we bought your retirement home "Heavenly Sword"!! Enjoy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Happy birthday Tim! We got you a new toy to play at your birthday party tonight, a PS3 with "Killzone 2"!!! You can play while all of your guests watch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That was a great Thanksgiving dinner, and Martha the turkey was perfect! Now let's all go to the family room and watch someone play "Metal Gear Solid 4"

2 comments:

  1. You idiot, my grandpa likes ps3 and plays games you just dont know anyone like that cause your an idiot

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew, both of your blogs are just bumping with activity fry, haha.

    Your blogs are apparently as interesting to blog readers as a blog about dryer sheets.

    Enjoy mediocrity.

    ReplyDelete